Service Fulfilment Analyst (IT Technician)
Fixed Term, 6 months
Full Time, 37 hours per week
Up to £30,876 per annum
Closing Date: 18th April 2021
*This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda – one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We’re immensely proud of our flexible working options.
Essex County Council (ECC) Technology Services is focused on ensuring current and future investment in technology maximises the opportunity to support ECC in meeting its strategic goals. To achieve this Technology Services are undertaking a major transformation programme which will create the conditions where employees, residents and businesses can collaborate, innovate and thrive.
We are looking to recruit passionate and experienced IT Professionals to assist in the design and delivery of technical services enabling us to deliver outstanding outcomes and experiences enabled by modern, connected technology.
What’s in it for you
- Make an impact on the lives of residents in Essex
- Be a part of a new forward-thinking Technology Services Team in local government
- Engage directly with customers, suppliers and stakeholders to design and deliver meaningful, measurable technology change
- Numerous development opportunities
- Chance to work alongside/within other teams within Technology Services
- An excellent benefit packages. More information can be found via https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
- Deal with standard service requests, ensuring relevant authorisation to proceed is obtained.
- Focused on achieving customer satisfaction by effectively managing requests in a timely manner.
- Analyse standard service requests to validate the scope and escalate as required, retaining and resolving more complex requests/incidents as appropriate.
- Identify and complete User Administration (Active Directory/Azure Active Directory) tasks ensuring integrity and security of the business environment, helping to prevent breaches and avoid business disruption
- Undertake systems administration, user set-up, maintenance, profile management, incidents and access control for ECC Staff and partners for multiple internal and external applications.
- Responsible for the accurate recording or service fulfilment tasks and compiling reports and management information detailing activity to support resourcing, decision making and maintain continual service improvement.
The kind of experience you might bring
- Educated to A Level or equivalent in experience in a relevant subject
- Experience with performing User Admin related activities using Active Directory and Azure Active Directory, utilising and developing Microsoft Powershell scripts as required
- Able to deploy standard software via SCCM or manually and trouble shoot any related issues.
- Familiar with the Intune product
- Hold ITIL accreditation or equivalent professional qualification
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in a Service Fulfilment role preferably working within a large local authority or with a private sector organisation delivering public sector services
- Be able to follow agreed procedures to maintain the quality and consistency of the service, enhancing customer experience and maintaining high levels of satisfaction
- Demonstrate a track record of working within effective teams delivering high quality Service Management Services that have been proved successful in meeting complex business requirements and in enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Apply and next steps
In order to be considered please apply via the Working for Essex website, ensuring you upload an up to date CV when prompted.
Please note, interviews are likely to be held on a virtual basis via Microsoft Teams for those candidates who are successful shortlisted.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email email@example.com or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16.30.