Welcome to Pay and Reward
“I came Essex County Council because it is unique among local authorities in terms of pay and rewards. I am an experienced reward professional with a track record of over 20 years in HR. 13 of these years have been focused on compensation, benefits and reward (including pay review cycles), job pricing, job evaluation, data analytics and presenting to a diverse audience.”
Amy Pennick, Employment Reward Lead
Here at Essex County Council Amy is responsible for the pay, recognition and benefit policies and procedures, keeping pace with current reward trends and thinking, while ensuring that the day-to-day operational aspects are delivered to employees, managers and leadership teams. It’s safe to say that pay and reward at Essex County Council has no greater advocate.
Unique to our organisation, Essex Pay is designed to make sure our pay is transparent, consistent, fair and equitable. We follow these principles:
- To use one job evaluation method throughout our structure
- Paying colleagues in the same role the same pay rate (except for training and development reasons)
- Aligning our offer to the pay market, National Public, Not for Profit, Recruiting Trend information and respective private industries
- An annual review of employees Rate For the Job (RFJ) to ensure continued alignment market
- Clear guidelines on how to position pay.
Social Care Pay
Our Social Care pay ranges are linked to capability using professional competency frameworks. Again this is unique to Essex County Council and it ensures clear progression and development for our Social Care and other front line colleagues.
We’ve developed what we hope is a package that resonates with you:
|Family Friendly flexible Working|
|Generous holiday and special leave allowances (including the option to purchase extra holiday)|
|Local Government Pension Scheme|
|Life Assurance of three times annual salary|
|Volunteering leave (up to 4 days per year)|
|Employee wellbeing and counselling|
|Travel discounts & season ticket loans|
|Learning and Development opportunities/coaching & mentoring|
|Payment of professional fees for approved professions|
|Eye care vouchers|
|Lease car scheme (dependent on business needs).|
You’ll also have access to the MyReward, a unique platform for Essex County Council employees to take advantage of including:
- Healthcare and Dental Plans at corporate rates
- Cycle to Work through salary sacrifice
- Tax-free savings on childcare via salary sacrifice
- Discounts and benefits at many local and national outlets including supermarkets, shopping, restaurants, technology purchases and holidays
- Discounts across Essex County Council’s businesses, including Country Park Membership, ACL and more
- Cashback on purchases.